Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need to go through this process again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought in would throw my two cents in. I have a 20-30 mg per day (10s or what ever I can get) and am able to induct very comfortable on 2 mg of sub. It's very strong ish so 16 mg is way overkill. I would bet if you took half that each day you would still feel fine. Good luck!!!!!!

Hope

Comment

Originally posted by Iwanttobeclean View Post
      Good morning alexnt
      Hope you had a nice Memorial weekend!
      Just took my first 12 mg dose and feeling great! Thanks for having faith in me and checking in on me. I'm seeing my sub doc thurs....should I tell him I'm down to 12mg? I think he will be happy for me although he did put me into percipitated withdrawl.
      Have a great day!
      Michele
      Michele I don't know if you should tell him or not. I myself was prescribed 16 mg a day and had to dose at the clinic my first 3 days before I was written my script. I dropped to 12 mg the day I got my script and because I did not know about the taper plan here at first spent to many days at 12 mg before beginning the taper plan. I never told my Dr I was tapering and just built up a stash and after about 6 weeks knew I had enough to taper off and just wrote the clinic to take me off there list of patients and never returned. Some Drs will become upset if you are tapering without them knowing and yours might react badly. If you follow the taper plan and let your Dr think you are still taking 24 mg a day then all you need depending on how often he writes you scripts for 24 mg then you would not need to see him much longer. I think maybe Thursday I might not mention it to him as there is always the small possibility he might dismiss you as a patient. Build up a stash and try to figure how much more you need to taper off and when you have enough let him know then that you are or want to start tapering and see what his reaction is. Your Dr sounds to me after inducting you 5 hrs after you did 90 mg of roxi that he is truly clueless like several sub Drs are about subs. Totally up to you but I just thought I would pass along that some Drs will insist that you need to spend a long period of time on subs before you can begin to taper. Good to read that your feeling fine at 12 mg and I will talk to you later

Alex

Comment

Michele I just saw on SS thread where you said you were curious about my story. >> be more then happy to post anything you want to know about me here on your thread or if you want you could ask me on my on my thread if you want. Anything you want me to share with you just post it to me and I will share it with you.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexnt View Post
          Michele I don't know if you should tell him or not. I myself was prescribed 16 mg a day and had to dose at the clinic my first 3 days before I was written my script. I dropped to 12 mg the day I got my script and because I did not know about the taper plan here at first spent to many days at 12 mg before beginning the taper plan. I never told my Dr I was tapering and just built up a stash and after about 6 weeks knew I had enough to taper off and just wrote the clinic to take me off there list of patients and never returned. Some Drs will become upset if you are tapering without them knowing and yours might react badly. If you follow the taper plan and let your Dr think you are still taking 24 mg a day then all you need depending on how often he writes you scripts for 24 mg then you would not need to see him much longer. I think maybe Thursday I might not mention it to him as there is always the small possibility he might dismiss you as a patient. Build up a stash and try to figure how much more you need to taper off and when you have enough let him know then that you are or want to start tapering and see what his reaction is. Your Dr sounds to me after inducting you 5 hrs after you did 90 mg of roxi that he is truly clueless like several sub Drs are about subs. Totally up to you but I just thought I would pass along that some Drs will insist that you need to spend a long period of time on subs before you can begin to taper. Good to read that your feeling fine at 12 mg and I will talk to you later

Alex
          Hey ALex
          I see your from Ohio my husband just got back from meeting dsw down there.
          Thanks for your advice....I appreciate it and will not tell him about my tapper.
          He does want to see my every week but I do have a feeling it's for the beginning. He was trying to scare me our first session telling me he will call me for random drug tests. I'm not worried since I have nuthin to fear but is that normal for doctors to say? He is a internal medicine doc so doubt he is thinking bat me.
          Have a great day!
          Michele

Comment

hey all
            Wow i cant believe im at day 8 without using oxy... do i say im clean...not sure bc of the subs.
            i wrote down my tapper plan and in a month from now i technically if all goes as planned can be off.
            not sure that will happen but fingers crossed.
            I do keep thinking abt using and thinking how my tolerance prob by now has decreased. i used to take about 12 percocet at a time and it didnt even affect me.
            I do and dont miss those days.
            Just finished working out and showered gonna head out soon
            enjoy your day and be strong!
            michele

Comment

Hey ALex
              I see your from Ohio my husband just got back from meeting dsw down there.
              Thanks for your advice....I appreciate it and will not tell him about my tapper.
              He does want to see my every week but I do have a feeling it's for the beginning. He was trying to scare me our first session telling me he will call me for random drug tests. I'm not worried since I have nuthin to fear but is that normal for doctors to say? He is a internal medicine doc so doubt he is thinking bat me.
              Have a great day!
              Michele
              Michele its common at the beginning of being prescribed subs that a Dr at first will want to see there patient every week to start out. My Dr was at a clinic that was for both methadone and subs. First 2 scripts were for 1 week then next 2 were for 2 weeks. That was all I needed to visit there since I started tapering as soon as I got my first script. They made everyone there give a UA before they would write your script and also they said that might call me and have me come in for a random test. I saw where you posted to Ruth and asked her about AA meetings and weather you had to call there or just show up. You just show up. Good to read that you are going to get involved with AA and that you are following Ruths thread. You wondered if you say you are clean since you have not used oxy for 8 days. You actually are not clean because subs are a narcotic but you are using subs as a tool to get clean and before you know it you will be clean. keep up the good job with your taper and keep posting. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

hey all just wanted to say hi
                i went down today to 8 mg...feeling a bit strange.
                I feel good but my tmj is acting up and went to chiropractor but getting pain in my chest area which is scaring me.
                I have very bad anxiety which is not good for my recovery.
                hope evreyone has a great weekend!

Comment

hey all just wanted to say hi
                  i went down today to 8 mg...feeling a bit strange.
                  I feel good but my tmj is acting up and went to chiropractor but getting pain in my chest area which is scaring me.
                  I have very bad anxiety which is not good for my recovery.
                  hope evreyone has a great weekend!
                  Hi Michele,

Just wanted to point something out. On 5/27, you dropped to 12 mg, right? You need to stay at each dose for at least 4 full days. Which means, you shouldn't reduce until tomorrow, 5/31.

Also, a 25% drop from 12 mg is to 9 mg (not 8 mg).

Hope this helps. Have a good day.
                  Kat

Comment

Michele as Kath pointed out 9 mg should be your dose after dropping from 12. At this high of a dose dropping from 8 instead of 9 might not matter though. How did you Dr visit go by the way on Thursday? Did you tell him you were tapering or did you just let him think you were still taking 24 mg. Hope you have a nice weekend and will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
                      Hi Michele,

Just wanted to point something out. On 5/27, you dropped to 12 mg, right? You need to stay at each dose for at least 4 full days. Which means, you shouldn't reduce until tomorrow, 5/31.

Also, a 25% drop from 12 mg is to 9 mg (not 8 mg).

Hope this helps. Have a good day.
                      Kat
                      Hey Kat
                      It funny bc i did think i needed to drop to 9mg but then thought 8 mg...easier just to split on pill in half.
                      And i thought you should be lets say on 12 mg for 3 days then the 4th you can reduce 25 %.
                      Well thank gd yesterday at 8mg i was feeling great i exercised and am thinking positive.
                      thanks for your help and hope you have a great weekend!

michele

Comment

Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                        Michele as Kath pointed out 9 mg should be your dose after dropping from 12. At this high of a dose dropping from 8 instead of 9 might not matter though. How did you Dr visit go by the way on Thursday? Did you tell him you were tapering or did you just let him think you were still taking 24 mg. Hope you have a nice weekend and will talk to you later.

Alex
                        Hey Alex
                        i guess that xtra 1mg i didnt need bc i really felt good yesterday.
                        I went to my doctor yesterday and decided i will tell him in taking 16 mg. This way i know i will have enough in case i stop going to him.
                        He makes me come once a week, is that standard?
                        some people on the page said they went once a month.
                        it cant be he wants more money because i paid him 400 for the first month.
                        I guess he doesn't want to prescribe too much sub at once.
                        Thanks
                        Michele

Comment

Hey Kat
                          It funny bc i did think i needed to drop to 9mg but then thought 8 mg...easier just to split on pill in half.
                          And i thought you should be lets say on 12 mg for 3 days then the 4th you can reduce 25 %.
                          Well thank gd yesterday at 8mg i was feeling great i exercised and am thinking positive.
                          thanks for your help and hope you have a great weekend!

michele
                          Hi Michele,

Glad to hear you're feeling well. Dropping to 8 mg rather than 9 mg probably isn't too big a deal since they're both still high doses (like Alex pointed out). But, from here on out, you should stick to the 25% drops for 4 full days (which means you can reduce again on the 5th day if you're stable). It's the best way to ensure a smooth taper. No need to rush.

It's great that you're exercising! Everyone who gets daily exercise says they feel much better throughout their taper and once they jump.

Enjoy this beautiful day!
                          Kat
                          Last edited by Anonymous; 05-31-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
                            Hi Michele,

Glad to hear you're feeling well. Dropping to 8 mg rather than 9 mg probably isn't too big a deal since they're both still high doses (like Alex pointed out). But, from here on out, you should stick to the 25% drops for 4 full days (which means you can reduce again on the 5th day if you're stable). It's the best way to ensure a smooth taper. No need to rush.

It's great that you're exercising! Everyone who gets daily exercise says they feel much better throughout their taper and once they jump.

Enjoy this beautiful day!
                            Kat
                            Hey Kat
                            Thanks for helping me out with this!
                            I was also wondering how you cut your pills to the exact amount bc I'm having trouble if splitting a 8mg in half.
                            I was actually reading your thread and was curious abt how you said before you we're using the meds and then subs when u ran out...did u always wait till you were in withdrawl till you started the subs?
                            Bc it sounded like one day you used and later you were taking subs....you don't have to answer but I was just curious.
                            It's amazing what a long way you have come and it's funny you wrote I know ppl must be thinking I used when I was prey but you made it clear you didn't.
                            So happy for you and it's really amazing that your here for others!
                            Do you go to counseling?
                            Is it just me or do the subs increase your appetite?
                            I'm defiantly feeling hungrier than I was before....I hope I don't gain weight from the meds

Hope your enjoying your day
                            Michele

Comment

I also have been very tired lately is that a side affect of the subs?
                              Thanks all

Comment

I also have been very tired lately is that a side affect of the subs?
                                Thanks all
                                Hey there. Sorry, I didn't see your reply to me until now. Yes, sub can definitely cause some drowsiness. Some people find that the tiredness fades once their body adjusts or when they get to lower doses. For me, I usually feel more tired than alert. Sucks. And yes, I've read that sub can increase your appetite so eat as healthy as possible.

It's getting late and I already took melatonin..lol..better get to bed. I'll be back tomorrow to answer your other questions. Sleep well.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X