Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need to go through this process again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hey girl...

I'm glad to see that the blurry vision/rapid pulse has subsided now that you're at a lower dose! Any plans for the weekend? Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual. Got a lot going on right now, but you guys are always in my thoughts.

Kat
    Kat
    I know everyone has busy lives and cant check in as much as they would like. I hope everything is getting a little better with your mil and they diagnosed her wrong. I always think thats maybe it was a bad dream, like my addiction and i would wake up and it would all be gone or better. We had a terrible tragedy this week a 17 yr old girl passed away of a brain tumor. I didnt know them very well but still cant get her out of my head. Such a scary world we live in!

Last night my Hubby and i went out for dinner, no other plans this weekend and today is yucky out so not sure they will have fireworks. What are your plans?
    Have a great july 4th and great weekend!
    michele

Comment

• Rls today has been terrible, the hylands hasn't been helping. Not sure if the excersing is causing this but any suggestions on how to relieve the twitching and pain. I saw someone said gatorade helps?

Comment

• Hey. I have dealt with RLS in the past and unfortunately I have not found any relief from any certain remedy. gatorade and bananas will help MAYBE, but it will not relieve the RLS completely. I think that in our instances having RLS from opiate withdrawal it is a bit more extreme than most other RLS cases and therefore medications designed to treat don't necessarily work. This is just from my experience but everyone is different. Where I have not found any relief you may. I use Vicks vapor rub on my joints (back of the knee and maybe on your quads) and it actually helps me. It pretty much numbs your leg a bit and makes them feel like they are "breathing", if that makes sense. Vicks is a bit of a hassle though, a little messy, has to be uncovered. I have also heard that compression shorts or pants can help, the tighter the better. And obviously hydration and stretching are key.

Hope this helps! Sorry about your discomfort. I have broken bones and tore ligaments but there is NOTHING more annoying than RLS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwanttobeclean View Post
          Rls today has been terrible, the hylands hasn't been helping. Not sure if the excersing is causing this but any suggestions on how to relieve the twitching and pain. I saw someone said gatorade helps?
          Gatorade and bananas and any foods with high amounts of potassium may be able to relieve some of your RLS Michele. I was fortunate as I never experienced any RLS during my taper or after I jumped either. I don't know if you are taking potassium pills but if you not I would begin taking them. Wish there was something else I could suggest to you but I can not think of anything else to relieve it. Perhaps it will ease up soon for you. Hope you had a nice 4th and will talk with you later

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoses View Post
            Hey. I have dealt with RLS in the past and unfortunately I have not found any relief from any certain remedy. gatorade and bananas will help MAYBE, but it will not relieve the RLS completely. I think that in our instances having RLS from opiate withdrawal it is a bit more extreme than most other RLS cases and therefore medications designed to treat don't necessarily work. This is just from my experience but everyone is different. Where I have not found any relief you may. I use Vicks vapor rub on my joints (back of the knee and maybe on your quads) and it actually helps me. It pretty much numbs your leg a bit and makes them feel like they are "breathing", if that makes sense. Vicks is a bit of a hassle though, a little messy, has to be uncovered. I have also heard that compression shorts or pants can help, the tighter the better. And obviously hydration and stretching are key.

Hope this helps! Sorry about your discomfort. I have broken bones and tore ligaments but there is NOTHING more annoying than RLS.
            J thanks for the advice... funny thing is yesterday i read abt the vicks and it helped the best out of anything. Then i made my husband massage it into my calves. I think the intense exercise is causing the rls to be worse. Not sure why you get rls from using oxy. Oh well ill have to suffer it out, but thanks for your help!
            hope your doing well and going strong!

Comment

• Originally posted by alexnt View Post
              Gatorade and bananas and any foods with high amounts of potassium may be able to relieve some of your RLS Michele. I was fortunate as I never experienced any RLS during my taper or after I jumped either. I don't know if you are taking potassium pills but if you not I would begin taking them. Wish there was something else I could suggest to you but I can not think of anything else to relieve it. Perhaps it will ease up soon for you. Hope you had a nice 4th and will talk with you later

Alex
              Alex i have been taking potassium and i also read magnesium helps relieve rls but noticed my vitamin was only 250mg and someone said take 1000 mg. So i just took two and figure ill take more later. My leg keeps twitching and the whole leg is just in alot of pain. Other than that i really cant complain about anything else, just some sweating. I am so happy that i decided to do this, when i crave i just think about how amazing my life has been in the past 5 weeks. I dont ever want to be that person i was when i was using. Bottom line is you cant get clean until your mentally and physically ready. You got to be in it to win it!
              thanks Alex i couldnt have gotten this far without you!
              tomm drop day i think its 2.25?

Comment

• Michele google what causes RLS and you will see a lot of results there. In some cases it can be lack of iron in a persons blood. Also dopamine receptors being blocked can play a big part in RLS. I am not good at explaining medical terms but from what I have read in the past is when we are using drugs our brains do not produce the dopamine like it should. That is why I believe it is suggested to get extra exercise because it helps restore endorphins to our brain which I think has something to do with dopamine. Hopefully someone can explain it better then me because like I mentioned I am not good at medical terms. I don't understand all the medical terms. Anyway like I said google it and you will get a ton of results and might find something there that might be helpful to you. also you are correct on your drop to 2.25 as that will be a 25% drop. The next drop after that comes out to 1.6875 which is impossible to measure so you would round up to 1.75. You are doing great with your taper Michele and hopefully you can find something to ease up the RLS. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

• Hey girl...

If you want to consume a lot of potassium to try to combat the RLS, try pure coconut water. It has TONS of potassium in it. Potassium supplements only have 99 mg per tablet, which is only about 3% of the recommended daily amount. I get coconut water at local health food stores like Trader Joes, Sprouts, Fresh & Easy, etc. The one I buy contains 500 mg of potassium per 8 oz serving, and there's 4 servings per bottle. It's worth a try!

Hope you had a good weekend!
                  Kat

Comment

• Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                    Michele google what causes RLS and you will see a lot of results there. In some cases it can be lack of iron in a persons blood. Also dopamine receptors being blocked can play a big part in RLS. I am not good at explaining medical terms but from what I have read in the past is when we are using drugs our brains do not produce the dopamine like it should. That is why I believe it is suggested to get extra exercise because it helps restore endorphins to our brain which I think has something to do with dopamine. Hopefully someone can explain it better then me because like I mentioned I am not good at medical terms. I don't understand all the medical terms. Anyway like I said google it and you will get a ton of results and might find something there that might be helpful to you. also you are correct on your drop to 2.25 as that will be a 25% drop. The next drop after that comes out to 1.6875 which is impossible to measure so you would round up to 1.75. You are doing great with your taper Michele and hopefully you can find something to ease up the RLS. Will talk to you later.

Alex
                    Alex you do know what your talking about, don't put yourself down your very knowledgeable on everything that i ask you have the right answers. I just took 1 mg and plan to make 1.25 later in the day ill see how my day goes. Im a bit nervous about the drop I've been feeling great. I have been exercising about 45 min everyday so i hope my endorphins get restored and dopamine. Its weird when i started the subs one night when i first took them i felt my head going crazy like pulsating and doing weird things i think it was the receptors getting the subs....does that sound weird? not sure if I'm crazy or could be true. Have a great day...ttyl
                    Michele

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
                      Hey girl...

If you want to consume a lot of potassium to try to combat the RLS, try pure coconut water. It has TONS of potassium in it. Potassium supplements only have 99 mg per tablet, which is only about 3% of the recommended daily amount. I get coconut water at local health food stores like Trader Joes, Sprouts, Fresh & Easy, etc. The one I buy contains 500 mg of potassium per 8 oz serving, and there's 4 servings per bottle. It's worth a try!

Hope you had a good weekend!
                      Kat
                      Kat thanks for that info....is the coconut water any good because i dont like coconut. Ill pick some up at trader joes one of my favorite stores other than "tarjey". Why do they make potassium supplements with so little mg of it. Thats strange that they dont make 500mg pills. How was your july 4th? How are your meeting going?
                      thats something i gotta get into this week. I gotta find some around here but not too close to my hood.
                      have a great day ill be in touch....today was drop day...2.25 can u believe that???

Comment

• Hi Michele - Wanted to congratulate you on the drop to 2.25mg. That's great! I was there not too long ago and it doesn't take very long to get to the really low doses if that's what you intend on doing. Alex has been a great help to me also, and yes, he does know what he's speaking about!

Today is my 2nd day CLEAN and I reduced my doses by .25mg each time instead of the 25% commonly used by most here. I know the 25% plan works perfectly, and I'm certainly NOT berating it, but for ME ONLY it was much easier to reduce by .25mg increments. I started that when I was down to 3mg. Went from 3mg to 2.75 to 2.50 to 2.25 to 2 to 1.75 and so on until down to .25mg. I reduced that in half and jumped from .125mg. It took all those crazy fractions away for me. I'm NOT suggestiing you do it that way, just giving my experience. You will do just fine with Alex's help. You ARE doing fine!

Also wanted to comment about the potassium supplements. I'm not a fan of cocunut either and the RLS was driving me crazy. I take those supplements, and yes they are 99mg each. It was suggested by my doctor to try 3-4 of them daily and that definitely helped calm it down by a huge margin. I spread them out during the day and evening. If you do try that it's always best to check with your doctor to make certain it's safe for you. The coconut water is an excellent suggestion by the other member also! Just my thoughts on the matter and my own experience.

Congrats again, Michele. Hope you have an easy time as you continue to reduce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy35 View Post
                          Hi Michele - Wanted to congratulate you on the drop to 2.25mg. That's great! I was there not too long ago and it doesn't take very long to get to the really low doses if that's what you intend on doing. Alex has been a great help to me also, and yes, he does know what he's speaking about!

Today is my 2nd day CLEAN and I reduced my doses by .25mg each time instead of the 25% commonly used by most here. I know the 25% plan works perfectly, and I'm certainly NOT berating it, but for ME ONLY it was much easier to reduce by .25mg increments. I started that when I was down to 3mg. Went from 3mg to 2.75 to 2.50 to 2.25 to 2 to 1.75 and so on until down to .25mg. I reduced that in half and jumped from .125mg. It took all those crazy fractions away for me. I'm NOT suggestiing you do it that way, just giving my experience. You will do just fine with Alex's help. You ARE doing fine!

Also wanted to comment about the potassium supplements. I'm not a fan of cocunut either and the RLS was driving me crazy. I take those supplements, and yes they are 99mg each. It was suggested by my doctor to try 3-4 of them daily and that definitely helped calm it down by a huge margin. I spread them out during the day and evening. If you do try that it's always best to check with your doctor to make certain it's safe for you. The coconut water is an excellent suggestion by the other member also! Just my thoughts on the matter and my own experience.

Congrats again, Michele. Hope you have an easy time as you continue to reduce.
                          Randy Congrats to you on Day 2 clean...thats amazing and so inspiring! I really appreciate your advice and i love hearing your experience. Everyone is different and you have to feel comfortable with your drops so for you the .25 mg drops were what you needed to do. I started at a very high dose, my doctor actually put me into precipitated withdrawal. It was on 5/20/14 that i started this journey and i had a rocky start but once i found this forum my journey has gone smooth. I cant believe how far i have come and how much better i feel emotionally and physically now. I literally probably almost died from the amount of oxy i was using. When i was just in the car i thought to myself that i never want to go back to that place again. I know feel good and confident and i just love it. Still not clean yet but i hope i will be soon. This drop has been great! hope your feeling good and I'm so proud of you Randy!
                          michele

Comment

• Thank you, Michele. Hope you're doing great today. I'm very happy to hear how well you're feeling as you continue to reduce. The time from 3mg to 1mg and below went extremely quick for me it seemed. But I spent between 3-4 days on each dose. Anyway I really appreciate your comments and the support. That support is what makes the difference, and got me to day 3 clean. It will you also very soon! Have a nice day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy35 View Post
                              Thank you, Michele. Hope you're doing great today. I'm very happy to hear how well you're feeling as you continue to reduce. The time from 3mg to 1mg and below went extremely quick for me it seemed. But I spent between 3-4 days on each dose. Anyway I really appreciate your comments and the support. That support is what makes the difference, and got me to day 3 clean. It will you also very soon! Have a nice day!
                              Randy35 that was so sweet and i honestly feel like we are all a family here. We get eachother and need one another to get thru this!

Comment

• Your posts and all the others are what's supporting/pushing me along right now. I know If I hadn't gotten the courage to join and ask for help I would still be stuck at .25mg right now. I was not only able to taper lower, but finally get completely off which was the ultimate goal.

Hope you're doing well today. How long do you plan to remain on the 2.25mg? Have a nice evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X