No announcement yet.

Day 1...here we go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the forums bg1007 and congrats to you on ending your long run of sub use. I used subs myself as a tool 2 years ago to end a long run of opiate use. I was only on subs a total of 4 months and tapered down to around .18 a day then skipped days and had a fairly smooth jump. I know from spending time here on the forums for almost 2 years that its a bit harder for someone that has been on subs for long periods to jump but have seen people succeed. Hang in there as it will get better as the days pass by. Best wishes to you.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by bg1007 View Post
      Thank you! I know I don't plan on taking much time off for a while once I go back... I may go back after two weeks but got three just in case.. I'm hoping I don't go crazy during this time,.. I am hopin once I get through the worst of the physical that I can really spend the remainder of what time is left (if any) to focus on my emotional health and just going back to work without my crutches ..(subs) this is all so scary and after a decade of not bein completely substance free its like learning how to live again almost! I too am trying to slowly taper off Paxil (antidepressant) as I don't want to be on any meds I'm dependent on any more.. I'm tired of being the one who doesn't feel good with out her meds or geeze even with them half the time! One day ill look back and say "wow I did it" at least that's the plan!
      Again, INHO it's better to stop or taper one drug at a time. Why not keep the Paxil dose at what it is now until you are over the worst of the subs wd? or even wait a few months for things to stabilise and then continue the Paxil taper.

Comment

That is what I'm planning is to keep paxil where it's at while I go through this. Today is day 2. I did get some sleep last night, about 7 hours, which I'm happy for but I do feel freezing cold and sweaty at same time with the restlessness still there .. I will see what happens as day progresses. Thanks!

Comment

Forced myself back on the elliptical and hope to again later! Even if its not for very long it's better than nothin right!? Can't even count how many times I've sneezed since wakin up! Got some music in now while writing this hoping to push myself to go for a short walk later since its nice out again. Even tho it's only day 2, the peices I took the last two days I took any were so tiny I'm not sure how much they count but I do plan the next few days to be the worst either way as I'm counting by days I took 0. My boyfriend works crazy hours right now and my parents are hours away so I gota push myself!

Comment

Feeling progressively worse as the day goes by.. Tried a hot back but couldn't get comfortable or stay in there long.. No energy but can't get comfortable so laying around is awful! Can't wait til the physical stuff ends.. One day. Minutes feel like hours

Comment

Hey bg....

That Hyland's Leg Cramps stuff worked pretty good. My friend said it seemed to ease that restlessness. Also, was talking to a co-worker and she said she uses Propel powder mixed in water......replaces the electrolytes, and got rid of her restless legs. Now, mind you, hers was not caused by opiate withdrawal....I don't think....lol....who knows.

Thinking of you, and just passing along information.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I've been drinking lots of water and Gatorade and juices and eating apples and bananas.. Not sure I feel up to going to the store to get that stuff but maybe I can talk my boyfriend into it! Lol.. Been taking magnesium and potassium and stuff too. Got up and forced myself to clean a little and I did feel a little better once I got moving but that didnt last long. Now I'm goin to watch walk the line and hope that makes couple hours go by quicker!

Comment

It's true when everyone says day 3 starts the worst ... I slept horribly las night, woke up every hour too. The aches and pains in my body are hurting worse and I'm freezing cold also still sneezing and feel like I have a cold among other things. I hope not too many days are like this but I'm ready to get through it no matter what! God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference! Anybody know what helps best if anything to stop feeling so cold?

Comment

It's true when everyone says day 3 starts the worst ... I slept horribly las night, woke up every hour too. The aches and pains in my body are hurting worse and I'm freezing cold also still sneezing and feel like I have a cold among other things. I hope not too many days are like this but I'm ready to get through it no matter what! God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference! Anybody know what helps best if anything to stop feeling so cold?
                    I'm sorry you're feeling like ****. My jump has been rough, too. All the same symptoms plus major anxiety. Try to keep in mind that this shall pass. I know that doesn't help in the moment. This is the price we pay for abusing our body and mind for so long. There's not really anything that will alleviate the cold chills for good. The only thing I know of that helps temporarily is hot baths. Don't know if you've been doing that, but it actually works really well. A lot of people say that they spend almost their entire detox in a hot bath! It also helps with the aches.

I hope you start to feel better soon.
                    Kat

Comment

Hey kat! I'm sorry your jump has been rough too! I did try the bath twice but I can't seem to get comfortable in there or stay in there long because of it and with just my luck our complex pool and hot tub are down until Saturday! I even walked over there earlier to find this out.. At least I walked right ? I also sat on my balcony and read half a book because I was feeling so trapped inside my apartment.. I have some emotions coming and going and reading the book outside just helped alot I can't even remember the last time I took time to read a book and I used to love reading. So that was nice. So far I've managed to force myself on the elliptical ten min a day and its a struggle to make it through the ten min I am so glad when it's over lol. I felt weird while walking like I was in a different world! Hard to explain that. I read alot of your thread and wish I would have joined during my long taper too like you did, you're inspiring! . As horrible as this has been it is up and down and I believe the taper helped alot. Cant wait until Saturday I have a therapist appointment and I could use one about now! Me and my boyfriend aren't getting along the greatest last few weeks which isn't helping my emotional state through this because I need him now more than ever. I understand its hard for non addicts to really understand this but I just need some compassion and understanding right no more than ever!y Withdrawal is a lonely feeling and I understand the need they talk about to have support. Do you do the na meetings ? I worry I will meet someone there who will know how to get stuff and one thing I love about living here is not knowing anyone and I would like to keep it that way!
                      Last edited by Anonymous; 08-27-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

bg....

I just wanna point out......you 'walked' to the pool area. You made the effort. You sat outside and 'read' a book......you said you don't remember the last time you did that. Honey, that is progress!!!!!!! You are making your way back.....I know it's hard, but you are doing great! Okay, just wanted to say that.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hey kat! I'm sorry your jump has been rough too! I did try the bath twice but I can't seem to get comfortable in there or stay in there long because of it and with just my luck our complex pool and hot tub are down until Saturday! I even walked over there earlier to find this out.. At least I walked right ? I also sat on my balcony and read half a book because I was feeling so trapped inside my apartment.. I have some emotions coming and going and reading the book outside just helped alot I can't even remember the last time I took time to read a book and I used to love reading. So that was nice. So far I've managed to force myself on the elliptical ten min a day and its a struggle to make it through the ten min I am so glad when it's over lol. I felt weird while walking like I was in a different world! Hard to explain that. I read alot of your thread and wish I would have joined during my long taper too like you did, you're inspiring! . As horrible as this has been it is up and down and I believe the taper helped alot. Cant wait until Saturday I have a therapist appointment and I could use one about now! Me and my boyfriend aren't getting along the greatest last few weeks which isn't helping my emotional state through this because I need him now more than ever. I understand its hard for non addicts to really understand this but I just need some compassion and understanding right no more than ever!y Withdrawal is a lonely feeling and I understand the need they talk about to have support. Do you do the na meetings ? I worry I will meet someone there who will know how to get stuff and one thing I love about living here is not knowing anyone and I would like to keep it that way!
                            So glad that you were able to find a little peace while outside reading. Being outdoors when we feel awful during a detox is one of the best things we can do! Being cooped up in the house makes everything worse. There's something about being outside in the fresh air when it's nice and sunny. It tends to change our mood and perspective. Sometimes it's hard to drag ourselves out when we're feeling icky, but it always pays off.

Thanks for the kinds words, I appreciate that a lot. I'm sorry you and your boyfriend are having problems. Yep, it's really hard for non-addicts to understand and have empathy. Tell him that you know that it's hard for him to understand and that you will be forever grateful for his support right now.

Yes, I go to meetings. I prefer AA meetings over NA. There seems to be a lot more people at AA with longer sobriety. Plus, NA tends to have many more young people in their early 20s who aren't necessarily serious about recovery or don't want to be there at all but are court ordered to go. AA tends to have older folks (30s, 40s, 50s, etc) who are dedicated to recovery and have heaps of wisdom and guidance. I can't tell you how comforting it is to be around people who "get it" and can help me find my path to long term recovery. There's no difference between AA and NA as far as the core aspects of the program. Both follow the exact same 12 step format and structure. Also, my favorite meetings are women's meetings. They're awesome! Don't worry about possibly running into someone at a meeting who "might" have access to pills. It's less likely to happen at an AA meeting. Plus, if that were to happen (which I doubt it would), just tell them to get lost!! You have to put effort into your recovery. Turning down an offer of pills would not only be liberating, but would also reflect how dedicated you are.

Talk to you soon. Have a good Wed.
                            Kat

Comment

Thank you I think I will see if I can find any women's meetings in my area as that sounds like something I might feel more comfortable with! I got my therapist appt moved to tomorow instead of Saturday because I need some interaction! Hopeful I wake up feeling half way decent to drag myself there. Luckily it's only couple blocks away. I figured it would do me some good. Helps when you like your therapist too. And yes getting out in the sun really does help. Proud I pushed myself today a few times and it really does help. Here's hoping tomorow is not worse as I hear some people say their withdrawal didnt peak until day 4 or 5. Tomorow is day 4 for me and I'm ready to do whatever it takes. You guys are helpful right now thanks so much!!

Comment

I slept ok last night still woke up few times throughout the night but today I've reached the stage where it feels like hard work to do anything.. Took everything I had to get up and shower. Feels like my body weighs a million pounds right now! Everything feels like such a big task.. Still restless limbs and hot/cold flashes, sneezes etcetera but right now the pure drained out feeling is outweighing that. Just gotta keep pushing though! Today before showering I went to grab my sub automatically without thinking then remembered oh yeah.. That's not part of my routine anymore. It was weird. Been part of my routine so long will def take time to readjust.

Comment

Working...
                                X