No announcement yet.

Day 1...here we go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, iwanttobeclean, I appreciate the kind words!! Today is day 7 like you said and I wake up feeling ok but still run down and heavy feeling. Still some aches and chills but I do think I'm getting closer each day to my goal. One great thing is I can't remember the last time in 10 years that I went 7 days without meds . One thing I'm noticing though is feelings and emotions I had a decade ago that I tried to cover up all these years are swarming right back to my head.. That truly shows that that's exactly All I was doing was masking it and never dealing with it.. So now with the help of my therapist I plan to try to actually deal with these things instead of covering them anymore! What day are you on?

Comment

Today is day 8 for you!!! awesome!
      Im still on the skipping days of subs. Im down to literally the tinniest crumb and took on sat so hoping that was my last of it.
      Sat i was feeling like hell took a tiny crumb and felt better. This drug has such a affect. i cant believe how far a tiny piece can go.
      I hate feeling the weakness and withdrawal i have 2 kids to care for and when i feel that.
      enjoy your labor day!

Comment

Yes today is day 8 for me! I still woke up all sweaty but I am feeling better each day I think and am quite proud of myself for eating and drinking healthy all this time and forcing myself on that elliptical twice a day has been important too! I actually think it says alot for you who are able to skip days like that at the end of it because I wasnt able to do that ever. I didn't have the strength to skip days I either had to have it every day or slowly taper and just jump like I did and the taper was hard toward the end the withdrawal I had he last two weeks of taper was probably almost as bad as the final jump was for me if not worse which I've read others say before too. Today is day 8 and I'm still going strong and can't wait until I can say day 80! I feel for you guys who have children to care for during this hard process. It's hard enough on your own and I admire you guys!

Comment

Hi Bg
          so happy you found the strength to get thru this!!! life is so much better on this side!!! everyday will keep getting better!!! and way to go on the elliptical... I started exercising when I got clean it was Great!!!
          Happy day !!!
          Melinda

Comment

Hey bg glad your feeling a bit better today!
            Your doing amazing and I'm sure now some of your symptoms will lesson and hopefully not exist anymore.
            Do you have blurry vision or ringing in your ears? This is the worst of my symptoms and I literally bug out from it.
            Hope your enjoying your Labor Day and hitting the beach
            Stay strong your doing amazing!
            Tomm day 9....yay!!!!!

Comment

I haven't had blurry vision but I do notice I get light headed when I stand up a lot. As for the ringing in ear.. I've been dealing with pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear for almost four years now.. It has been enouhh to drive be off the wall many times constantly hearing my heart pound in my ear 24/7 so I'm praying to God that getting off suboxone and Paxil makes it go away because I had many tests and scans and dr visits wih no answers and I read others deal with this while on Paxil so I'm keeping my hopes up! I hope yours goes away soon because if anyone understands how awful and annoying it is its me! Today I felt pretty good withdrawal wise but emotionally it was rough but the arguing between my boyfriend and I was really what caused the emotions and it was rough I really just want us to move forward and get along so great again but relationships sure are hard and I'm starting to wonder if being single would just be best for me as I conquer this. It is hard though. On a positive note my mom is coming to see me tomorow until Thursday and I'm relieved because I could use some pure family love and support right now and a break from the rest! Day 9 tomorow and I will keep pushing forward no matter what I didn't get this time off work and do this for nothing and that's for sure!

Comment

I'm sorry your dealing with stress from your boyfriend right now, I'm sure that's the last thing you need right now. I'm married and sometimes I wish I wasn't. You have to be happy and if your not then maybe think about it. Are you from ny? I'm happy your mom is coming to get your mind off all this. She I'm sure is your biggest supporter. Stay strong and congrats on day 9!
                Hope we both get these ringing ears to stop!

Comment

No I'm not from New York but I went there last year it was amazing! I'm from Michigan! And yes it is hard to deal wih relationship issues right now when all I need is him to be supportive, understanding and have some compassion. He was my best friend for years before we dated the last two years and I thought for sure he was perfect for me because he was such an amazing best friend but I'm not so sure anymore that we belong together and it's hard because we live together and aren't gettin along and our lease doesn't end until march! I don't want my first six months off suboxone to be this environment but losing him would be like losing my best friend and boyfriend at same time but really it already feels like I have. Sorry enough about that! Yes my mom is my biggest supporter and I'm happy she will be here even though I might not be the most entertaining person ever right now

Comment

As for how I feel on day 9 I feel pretty good my anxiety and emotions are still up there and I can't seem to shake the feeling freezing cold all the time and then waking up all sweaty so I'm hoping that goes away soon! At least I know it's my body ridding the toxins! Most of the other symptoms are gone though except still sneezing daily too. I am even thinking of going back to work a week earlier than planned!

Comment

bg so today is day 3 for me.....i am pretty ok except for the blurry vision and ringing ears and today is boiling hot out so im sweating alot.
                      I am happy to hear symptoms for you are not as bad as they were. Thats def smart to head back to work and keep yourself busy.
                      Maybe we are super emotional right now bc i am having issues with the hubby now as well. He's so sensitive and it drives me insane. But when i think about how much i have hurt him this past yr i totally get it.
                      I took so much money out of savings to support my addiction that he has every right to have left me long ago and he didn't. We forget how much they stood by us for.
                      So try to work on the relationship and im sure it will get better.
                      Your doing awsome....enjoy the time with your mom!

Comment

Congrats on day 3!! I hope you get through the worst of it quickly and that it's not too bad for you alot of it is mental and I had to flush my entire script down the toilet otherwise I knew I might give in. We are strong people to over come this battle in life!! I hope things get better for you and your hubby too! It's hard for them to understand what this really is like for us I think. It's not just going through some days of not feeling well, it's completely changing our lives and ways of thinking and routines and so much more!

Comment

Exactly its more about changing out routines and so much a mental game. Thank gd im feeling pretty good.
                          But i got to get used to this sober free life which i am loving more than anything!
                          You just have to want it, which we do.
                          So proud of you bg congrats on day 10!!!!
                          Have a great day!
                          ttyl

Comment

Thanks! Today is day 10 and havin my mom here has been great for my mental/emotional well being! She's helping with getting me out of the house and just feeling better in general. I spent 9 days in yoga pants and no make up and I feel human again almost now lol I'm just glad things are getting better I do have a lot of anxiety about going back to work though people don't know why I was gone they just knew I was on a medical leave and I know ill get asked by coworkers about what was work or why I was gone and I don't know what to say because I'm just not comfortable sharing this with people. Anyway I feel pretty good today and I know I have work to do still and I plan to keep pushing how is your day 4 going, iwanttobeclean?

Comment

hey bg glad your getting dressed and out of the house.
                              I know its not easy but best for us to do....im feeling pretty good i cant complain.
                              the kids are keeping me busy they start school tomm thank gd.
                              have fun with mom and check in later.
                              Michele

Comment

Today is day 11 and regarding suboxone withdrawal I feel pretty good. I am extremely emotional and sad right now though as my mom just left. It was so nice to have her here for two days and now I just feel empty.. I dropped my paxil two days ago and I can feel the emotions of that wearing on me but my goal was to go back to work suboxone free and down to half of my paxil so that is where I'm at now and it's better to do that all when I'm not working. It just makes me sad to live far away from my family.. Sometimes I wonder why I moved but then I remember all the reasons. I think once I get back to work and over this bump I will feel better I hope. I always get sad when my mom leaves but this time it really hit me hard. Yesterday we went for a long walk at a park and it was nice but I could tell I just was struggling compared to my usual self so I know the energy is still not back to normal but I will keep pushing hope day five is going well for you, iwanttobeclean!

Comment

Working...
                                X