Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting Suboxone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    After reading xsome of the Suboxone stories, I have a fear of it. I worry that I'm going to wind up stuck on Suboxone. That's why I've been so hell-bent obviously tapering.
    Chris you will not get stuck on it especially if once you are stable you follow the taper plan. You need to not read the horror stories you see on here. Those are usually from people who did not taper right and jumped at to high of a dose and from people who were on huge amounts for long periods of time. Trust me you will be ok.

    Alex

    Comment


    • Originally posted by alexnt View Post
      Chris you will not get stuck on it especially if once you are stable you follow the taper plan. You need to not read the horror stories you see on here. Those are usually from people who did not taper right and jumped at to high of a dose and from people who were on huge amounts for long periods of time. Trust me you will be ok.

      Alex
      Thanks Alex, I need to relax I guess.

      Comment


      • I've decided to stay the course, for now. I'm convinced that I will become stable. If it takes a few extra days, I'm okay with that.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
          I've decided to stay the course, for now. I'm convinced that I will become stable. If it takes a few extra days, I'm okay with that.
          LOL. You change your mind quite frequently don't you FLASH? LOL. That's ok, you have to do what's best for YOU in the end. We advise and suggest, but we aren't you. I'm just messing with you and hopefully you know that.

          See how you feel in a couple days. If you really want to feel better then give it an honest chance. Don't drop right away ok. It may take a week to level out so be prepared for that. Of course you may begin to feel much better sooner too. Point is to WAIT and see if this is the way you want to go! Choose ONE plan and STICK with that one! Ok FLASH?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Randy35 View Post
            LOL. You change your mind quite frequently don't you FLASH? LOL. That's ok, you have to do what's best for YOU in the end. We advise and suggest, but we aren't you. I'm just messing with you and hopefully you know that.


            See how you feel in a couple days. If you really want to feel better then give it an honest chance. Don't drop right away ok. It may take a week to level out so be prepared for that. Of course you may begin to feel much better sooner too. Point is to WAIT and see if this is the way you want to go! Choose ONE plan and STICK with that one! Ok FLASH?
            Thanks Randy, lol, I'm prepared to wait this out. I've made some progress since induction. It's just a matter of time.

            Comment


            • My blood pressure has been high, so I did some research and found that having a cat can reduce your blood pressure. So I'm going to adopt 17 cats after my doctors appointment. I'm an addict, I can't do one of ANYTHING!

              Comment


              • Hilarious...thanks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
                  My blood pressure has been high, so I did some research and found that having a cat can reduce your blood pressure. So I'm going to adopt 17 cats after my doctors appointment. I'm an addict, I can't do one of ANYTHING!

                  LOL.

                  Hmmm. 17 Cats soon equals 50+ cats...
                  which equals you better be purchasing 5 tons of cat litter.

                  You are also going to need to be put on blood pressure meds also. Lol. Good luck Flash!

                  BTW - you're a nut! Lol

                  P.S. I'm headed into my meeting LOL now thanks to you!!!
                  Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2014, 09:28 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Randy35 View Post
                    LOL.

                    Hmmm. 17 Cats soon equals 50+ cats...
                    which equals you better be purchasing 5 tons of cat litter.

                    You are also going to need to be put on blood pressure meds also. Lol. Good luck Flash!

                    BTW - you're a nut! Lol

                    P.S. I'm headed into my meeting LOL now thanks to you!!!
                    Thanks Randy, I'm a crying on the inside kind of clown, LOL, hope you enjoy your meeting, I might do the same today. My doctors right next door to a club.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MrJones View Post
                      Hilarious...thanks
                      Thanks Mr Jones!

                      Comment


                      • Today my doctor continued me on 24mg's of Suboxone. I didn't tell him that I'm only taking 6. I I went to a meeting next door afterwards and ran into an old friend. One of his first questions was if I was still sober. I took the advice of another addict and told him, "I'm working on it. " His reaction was one of puzzlement. I'm not interested in impressing him or anyone else for that matter. If people don't want to accept me as I am, then that's their problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
                          Today my doctor continued me on 24mg's of Suboxone. I didn't tell him that I'm only taking 6. I I went to a meeting next door afterwards and ran into an old friend. One of his first questions was if I was still sober. I took the advice of another addict and told him, "I'm working on it. " His reaction was one of puzzlement. I'm not interested in impressing him or anyone else for that matter. If people don't want to accept me as I am, then that's their problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire....
                          5 not 6, I've been contemplating 6.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
                            5 not 6, I've been contemplating 6.
                            I literally was just getting ready to ask if you took 6mg instead of 5mg. I was gonna bust your chops pal! Lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Randy35 View Post
                              I literally was just getting ready to ask if you took 6mg instead of 5mg. I was gonna bust your chops pal! Lol.

                              Lol, I'm contemplating it. I'm going to wait it out a little longer first.

                              Comment


                              • I had a conversation with my doctor's assistant today about my symptoms and he also, as some of you have, suggested they may be psychosomatic. I'm starting to believe they are.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X