Starting Suboxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    After I left Chicago, I moved to California. Lived in Santa Clara, San Jose, and Campbell. That's where I developed the meth problem. I was there from 89-99. Crazy stuff happening nightly there. I never got used to the nightly helicopter chases, lol. I'd be tweaking with the lights out, peeking out of my blinds thinking they were coming for me.
    Oh my...you just took me back to 1992! Yuck. Meth was the first drug I ever tried, aside from herb. So gross. It ruled my life for 2 years. The ol' peeking outta the blinds thing..lmao. The great thing about speed is that you can just quit without having to go through WD. Too bad opiates aren't like that!

So if you end up stabilizing on 5mg - which I'm sure you will - that's good. It's not a crazy high dose and tapering down won't take forever. I think because your Oxy habit was so high you need a bit more Sub. There was a member a few months back who had a habit a little higher than yours and was able to stabilize at 5 mg

Kat

Comment

Continuing to walk, got in about 30 minutes this morning. Gonna go to a meeting tonight. Looking forward to the social aspect, I'm hoping I see some old friends there.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
        Oh my...you just took me back to 1992! Yuck. Meth was the first drug I ever tried, aside from herb. So gross. It ruled my life for 2 years. The ol' peeking outta the blinds thing..lmao. The great thing about speed is that you can just quit without having to go through WD. Too bad opiates aren't like that!

So if you end up stabilizing on 5mg - which I'm sure you will - that's good. It's not a crazy high dose and tapering down won't take forever. I think because your Oxy habit was so high you need a bit more Sub. There was a member a few months back who had a habit a little higher than yours and was able to stabilize at 5 mg

Kat
        Thanks Kat, I'm due for my dose soon.

Comment

Kat
          You ever watched, "Breaking Bad"? There's a scene in one episode where Jesse tries to get a guy whose strung out on crank, so he grabs a shovel and starts digging in the guy's front yard and the guy comes out of the house and starts helping him dig, Jesse says to the guy, "How far down do you think it is?" LOL, it's so true! There are some pretty funny scenes in that show, it's a must see for the X meth head!

Comment

Kat
            My first week in California was the Loma Prieta! It was a three day party!

Comment

Just got back from a meeting. Basically symptom free. A couple of hot flashes. If I was 5 years older and female, I wouldn't mention it. All new daces at the meeting.

Comment

Just got back from a meeting. Basically symptom free. A couple of hot flashes. If I was 5 years older and female, I wouldn't mention it. All new daces at the meeting.
                LOL about the hot flashes! Too funny. I'm really glad that extra 1mg helped. I'm sure you'll have a much better night.

I've actually never seen Breaking Bad. I hear it's really good. My faves are (or were, as some are now over) Nurse Jackie, Boardwalk Empire, Californication...and the new ones The Leftovers and Penny Dreadful. Weeds is pretty good, too.

Kat

Comment

LOL about the hot flashes! Too funny. I'm really glad that extra 1mg helped. I'm sure you'll have a much better night.

I've actually never seen Breaking Bad. I hear it's really good. My faves are (or were, as some are now over) Nurse Jackie, Boardwalk Empire, Californication...and the new ones The Leftovers and Penny Dreadful. Weeds is pretty good, too.

Kat
                  Thanks Kat, the people who know me say they see a big difference in me. I feel good. My emotions have settled and the anxiety is basically gone. I really want to start counting towards the taper, just not sure if I should ignore the menopausal symptoms or consider them as symptoms, lol. I'm anxious to get my life back and start tapering.

Comment

Thanks Kat, the people who know me say they see a big difference in me. I feel good. My emotions have settled and the anxiety is basically gone. I really want to start counting towards the taper, just not sure if I should ignore the menopausal symptoms or consider them as symptoms, lol. I'm anxious to get my life back and start tapering.
                    You'll know when it's time to make your first 25% drop. Listen to your body. Being stable doesn't mean feeling perfect. However, you don't wanna jump the gun. Since you went up to 5mg today, give it at least a few more days. I know you're anxious to get started. You will - soon!

Kat

Comment

• Chris I saw where you were considering taking a little more then 4 mg because you were having some uncomfortable symptoms. Did you end up taking more then 4 mg today and if so how much did you end up taking total today? If you took more then 4 mg today then whatever you ended up taking you should stick with that dose for a few days and get stable there. It is fine if you took more then 4 mg if that did not appear to be working.

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
                        You'll know when it's time to make your first 25% drop. Listen to your body. Being stable doesn't mean feeling perfect. However, you don't wanna jump the gun. Since you went up to 5mg today, give it at least a few more days. I know you're anxious to get started. You will - soon!

Kat
                        Okay then, thanks and good night.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                          Chris I saw where you were considering taking a little more then 4 mg because you were having some uncomfortable symptoms. Did you end up taking more then 4 mg today and if so how much did you end up taking total today? If you took more then 4 mg today then whatever you ended up taking you should stick with that dose for a few days and get stable there. It is fine if you took more then 4 mg if that did not appear to be working.

Alex
                          Hi Alex, I wound up taking 5, I'll stick with it, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
                            Hi Alex, I wound up taking 5, I'll stick with it, thanks!
                            Hope that 5 is the magic number Chris and 5 is not a bad dose at all to start with. It is a lot better then the 16 you would be taking if you had not researched before hand and just followed your Drs instructions. Like Kath said you don't wanna jump the gun so give it a few days and then you can start the taper. Hope you get some good sleep and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                              Hope that 5 is the magic number Chris and 5 is not a bad dose at all to start with. It is a lot better then the 16 you would be taking if you had not researched before hand and just followed your Drs instructions. Like Kath said you don't wanna jump the gun so give it a few days and then you can start the taper. Hope you get some good sleep and I will talk to you later.

Alex
                              Thanks Alex, very true. Finding this board was a miracle. I'm hoping that 5 is the magic number. I'm just gonna have to be patient in the meantime. Thanks, for commenting, hope your day is great!

Comment

• If I do stabilize at 5mg's, that would put my first drop at 3.75, or 1.875 twice daily. I would have to round up to 2mg's twice daily, does that make sense? Not exactly sure how to handle an odd dose like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X