X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexnt
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisgt46 View Post
    Well I'm over the hump. I can now say I'm sober. I tossed the remaining Suboxone last night. Just wanted to say thanks to those who posted to this thread!
    Congrats to you on tossing your remaining subs on New Years Eve Chris and by starting out 2015 sub free. My best wishes to in remaining opiate free and like Kath posted to you drop in now and then with updates on how you are doing.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Iwantoff2013
    replied
    Well I'm over the hump. I can now say I'm sober. I tossed the remaining Suboxone last night. Just wanted to say thanks to those who posted to this thread!
    NICE!!!

I'm so happy for you. Don't ever look back. 2015 will be a wonderful year for you.

Take care. Drop in with updates when you can.
    Kat

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Today is the 4th day since stopping Suboxone. I feel good. The minor withdrawal I was feeling after the last drop is gone. I feel flat emotionally, but it took years to get to this point, so I'm guessing it will take some time to feel again. I'm looking forward to a good belly laugh. Suboxone has been a miracle drug for me. That last week of abuse should have killed me. I'll post again on New Years eve.

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Hi Kat, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Iwantoff2013
    replied
    Hey Chris,

Just wanted to wish you luck with your jump! You've done good so far and I certainly hope your jump goes smoothly. Talk to you soon...

Kat

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Hi Alex, that's the plan. Tomorrow is the last day for half mg doses, if I need anything from there it'll be a quarter. Take care!

Leave a comment:

• alexnt
    replied
    Chris nice to see you update and that you have continued to taper down and that things are going ok with you. Looks to me like you are planning to drop to .50 on Saturday and dose there for 4 days then start skipping days starting Wed. I guess you would then dose again Thursday then skip 2 days and dose again Sunday. the plan would then have you dose again Thursday which would be Jan 1. Since you are planning on not dosing again after Dec 31 I think you might want to take your last dose on the 31rst then. You will be jumping off at a dose of .5 which is a bit high to jump off at but I know that is the dose that Robert 325 jumped off at and I have seen others do the same. My very best wishes to you on jumping and then at remaining clean once you do jump. Good to read that you are involved with AA and that you have a sponsor. Will talk to you later and hope that you have a nice Christmas.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Also, I've made the decision that on December 31st I'm going to ditch the remaining Suboxone I have. I am not going to take any into the new year. Suboxone has saved my life, but I will not use it as cruch beyond 2014.

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Tomorrow I'll drop to a half of an mg. Up until this point most of my tapers have been 25% rounded up to the nearest quarter mg. The exception came when I dropped from 1.5, to 1.0. I stayed at 1.0 for 6 complete days and then on the 7th dropped to .75.

I am experiencing minor withdrawal symptoms. They have come in the from of anxiety and the occasional fowl mood. It's at these times I either go to a meeting, or I'll call my sponsor. Without AA meetings I dont think I could have done this. Also I have been walking quite a bit.

There have been times I've thought about calling my doctor for a script. It would be easy to go back to oxy, but I truly am ready to live sober. Wednesday I will begin skipping days. I may wait till the 26th to begin skipping days because of Christmas, but as of now I'm planning on starting that Wednesday. I'll post again when I start skipping days.

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy35 View Post
    We're not mad at you Chris, at least I'm not and I'll bet the others aren't either. I admit I was a bit disappointed, but I also am aware that things happen for one reason or another and people disappear. So glad you're back and hope you stick around. Your story is a very impartant one, not only for others taking part, but for me too believe it or not. Yeah I'm now clean for going on 6 months, but I want to REMAIN clean the rest of my life and threads/posts such as yours help keep me on track. I NEVER want to travel down that dark road again and reading what contribute each time, and posting to you helps keep me thinking and knowing just how devilish and disastrous this disease truly is. Welcome back Chris!!!

That's AWESOME you're down to .75mg headed to .50mg Sunday! Great job!!! Just an FYI, but a 25% reduction from .75mg would actually be .56mg. That needs to be rounded to .60mg if you intend to follow the plan exactly! When can help you get a dose of .60mg if you like, or you could do as you plan of course. Entirely up to you, only letting you know.

We're here if you need us anytime. Take care and THANKS for coming back!!! I really mean that too!!!!

-Randy
    Hi Randy! Actually my next taper is Saturday. I made a mistake in my earlier post. I'm going to drop the full. 25 to .5. I'm confident I can handle the drop. It's really been quite easy so far and should I experience any negative effects, I'll go into a holding pattern. Glad to hear you're doing well and take care.

Leave a comment:

• Randy35
    replied
    Also a quick apology, I'm sorry I walked away when I did from this thread, but it was something I had to do. I will update more often as I close this out. Thanks!
    We're not mad at you Chris, at least I'm not and I'll bet the others aren't either. I admit I was a bit disappointed, but I also am aware that things happen for one reason or another and people disappear. So glad you're back and hope you stick around. Your story is a very impartant one, not only for others taking part, but for me too believe it or not. Yeah I'm now clean for going on 6 months, but I want to REMAIN clean the rest of my life and threads/posts such as yours help keep me on track. I NEVER want to travel down that dark road again and reading what contribute each time, and posting to you helps keep me thinking and knowing just how devilish and disastrous this disease truly is. Welcome back Chris!!!

That's AWESOME you're down to .75mg headed to .50mg Sunday! Great job!!! Just an FYI, but a 25% reduction from .75mg would actually be .56mg. That needs to be rounded to .60mg if you intend to follow the plan exactly! When can help you get a dose of .60mg if you like, or you could do as you plan of course. Entirely up to you, only letting you know.

We're here if you need us anytime. Take care and THANKS for coming back!!! I really mean that too!!!!

-Randy

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Also a quick apology, I'm sorry I walked away when I did from this thread, but it was something I had to do. I will update more often as I close this out. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• chrisgt46
    replied
    Hi! I just wanted to stop in give a quick update. I am down to .75 mg's and going to drop to .5 on Sunday. I have been sureprised by how well it has gone. It's looking like I will be able to jump on New Years. I'm excited about being able to say that I am FINALLY sober. I have used ever thing you guys told me and it has been life saving. That's not an exaggerated statement. I printed this thread out and kept referring to it. Thank you all again! I'll drop in again when it's final. Feeling great!

Leave a comment:

• alexnt
    replied
    Chris it was a week ago since you last posted on here and said that you were going to finish your taper on your own. I do not know if you have in that week bothered checking the forums here or not but in case you still check out the forums with out posting and you happen to read this I just want to say I hope things have continued to go well with you and that if your still tapering I hope the taper is working out for you. It would be sorta nice if you could just drop by about once a week and give us an update. perhaps you wont even read this and if you do and just feel like you do not want to for reasons of your own then I respect your desires not to. Guess I am just hoping to see an update and hear all is going well with you.

Alex

Leave a comment:

Working...
X