Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made a decision out of fear, now when do I start my subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a decision out of fear, now when do I start my subs?

Hello friends. I stated in my other threads that I flushed my remaining oxys and percs, which i did. Unfortuantely, I was cleaning out my car today and I found four 10/325 percocets I "hid" from a couple weeks ago in case I ran out early and needed them. This was before my decision to drop all the bad pills and go on suboxone. At this point, I was in mild withdrawal and ready to start my subxone treatment at around this time. In fear of when I was ready for the suboxone, I foolishly took the perocets and am feeling "good" from them as I type this. Before I got on here, I went searching EVERYONE in my house to ensure I didnt leave myself anymore bad pills. I searched hard and found none. I am hoping to get a good nights sleep after writing this and by the AM, be at the beginning stages of withdrawal again. Then, I will wait out the day until I feel strong withdrawal affects, and finally start my suboxone treatment. I feel so ashamed and actually cried at my weakness.

My question is, when should I take my first suboxone dose knowing I cant make this mistake again. I was thinking this time tomorrow night, or maybe even tough it out until Sunday morning, which will put me at 36 hours from my last dose.

I am so sorry I let myself and you guys down. I was weak. I admit it. I know for sure I cant make the same mistake again, as I have no more bad pills. I plan on going by Daves plan to the T. I just dont want to jump on the wagon too soon, as Ive read PW/D are hell on earth. Please forgive me guys and let me know where to go from here!

David

P.S. I was given and still have 10 8mg/2mg suboxone films.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-14-2014, 11:04 PM.

Hi there
    There is the cows schedule that you should definitely follow.
    You don't want to start to early.
    Have you heard of that and what guide are you using to induce?
    I am sure other people will come along to help.
    many people have used the Cows guide and then were able to induce at a low dose and then taper relatively easy..
    Is your goal to taper off or stay awhile?
    Robert's taper plan on this board has induction and then taper..
    You can check this out..
    I will check back later
    Iluv2

Comment

Originally posted by TimetoQuit323 View Post
      Hello friends. I stated in my other threads that I flushed my remaining oxys and percs, which i did. Unfortuantely, I was cleaning out my car today and I found four 10/325 percocets I "hid" from a couple weeks ago in case I ran out early and needed them. This was before my decision to drop all the bad pills and go on suboxone. At this point, I was in mild withdrawal and ready to start my subxone treatment at around this time. In fear of when I was ready for the suboxone, I foolishly took the perocets and am feeling "good" from them as I type this. Before I got on here, I went searching EVERYONE in my house to ensure I didnt leave myself anymore bad pills. I searched hard and found none. I am hoping to get a good nights sleep after writing this and by the AM, be at the beginning stages of withdrawal again. Then, I will wait out the day until I feel strong withdrawal affects, and finally start my suboxone treatment. I feel so ashamed and actually cried at my weakness.

My question is, when should I take my first suboxone dose knowing I cant make this mistake again. I was thinking this time tomorrow night, or maybe even tough it out until Sunday morning, which will put me at 36 hours from my last dose.

I am so sorry I let myself and you guys down. I was weak. I admit it. I know for sure I cant make the same mistake again, as I have no more bad pills. I plan on going by Daves plan to the T. I just dont want to jump on the wagon too soon, as Ive read PW/D are hell on earth. Please forgive me guys and let me know where to go from here!

David

P.S. I was given and still have 10 8mg/2mg suboxone films.
      Dave you have not let any of us down by your actions. You are not the first person that has made a mistake nor will you be the last. You just have delayed you sub induction by a day. What time did you do the percs and was the 40 mg you did all that you did today? The longer you can wait the better but if that is all you took today then 24 hours should be enough time to induct. I would still induct at 2 mg max and then wait an hour and see how you feel and if more is needed take .5 an hour until you good. Best luck to you and I will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Yes. Just the 40mg at 10pm. I was thinking I should just wait until Sunday around 12 pm....over 36 hours. Now, another followup question..I have a script for xanax. Can I take xanax along with my multivitamin and lots of water or will that cause Precipitated withdrawal after 36 hours just like taking an opiate would? I can get through the first 36 hours fine as long as I have my b vitamins and xanax. The worst symptoms for me during withdrawal is the anxiety and RLS. Xanax actually helps with both. I just want to get through those 36 houts before my first dose of subs. If I have to do without the xanax, it will be tough and I doubt I will get any sleep. I just want to do what is best so that the suboxone helps instead of hinders. I am mentally prepared for what is in store for the next 36 hours.

Comment

Yes. Just the 40mg at 10pm. I was thinking I should just wait until Sunday around 12 pm....over 36 hours. Now, another followup question..I have a script for xanax. Can I take xanax along with my multivitamin and lots of water or will that cause Precipitated withdrawal after 36 hours just like taking an opiate would? I can get through the first 36 hours fine as long as I have my b vitamins and xanax. The worst symptoms for me during withdrawal is the anxiety and RLS. Xanax actually helps with both. I just want to get through those 36 houts before my first dose of subs. If I have to do without the xanax, it will be tough and I doubt I will get any sleep. I just want to do what is best so that the suboxone helps instead of hinders. I am mentally prepared for what is in store for the next 36 hours.
          Hey there. It's highly recommended that you score a 26 on the COWS worksheet before taking your first Sub dose. The link to both the COWS chart and Roberts induction/taper plan were posted in your other threads by Randy and Rose, I believe. Follow the induction plan closely. Like Alex said, it's probably ok to start with 2mg, but then add only .5mg every 60-90 min until you feel stable (little to no WD symptoms).

Xanax is not recommended while waiting to induct because it fudges your WD score. You need to be able to accurately score yourself without any comfort meds. I didn't use any meds (except for Melatonin) while waiting to induct. Also, most doctors won't prescribe Sub and Xanax together because they're both CNS depressants.

If you follow Robert's induction plan, you will be just fine. Also, stick to one thread so we can easily reply to you and keep track of your posts. Makes it easier

All the best,
          Kat

Comment

Dave it is always suggested not to take any comfort meds like Xanax before you induct on subs. Also a lot of sub Drs will not prescribe a patient subs if they are on benzos. Truthfully if you are going to tough it out until Sunday I am sure you will be in full WD from not using any opiates for 36 hours so I do not know if it would be harmful to take Xanax. I just know it is advised not to use benzos before inducting on subs so I can not advise you that it all right to take them. I am sure this is not the type of reply you were looking for. Maybe someone who has been prescribed benzos when they inducted on subs can give you a different answer but that's the best way I can answer your question.

Alex

Comment

I see where Kath was answering your question as I was posting and she explained it better then I did.

Alex

Comment

I apologize for being sporadic in my posting. I will stick to this thread from now on. I will be posting here a lot tommorrow to let yall know how I am doing. I will avoid the xanax. Is the vitamin supplement ok?

Comment

I apologize for being sporadic in my posting. I will stick to this thread from now on. I will be posting here a lot tommorrow to let yall know how I am doing. I will avoid the xanax. Is the vitamin supplement ok?
                  Yeah, any vitamin is fine. Drink lots of water, too. Do whatever you need to distract yourself from the WD period and waiting. I know it sucks, but it will be over soon and you'll get to feeling better once you start on the Sub.

We'll be here to help you all throughout your induction and taper!

Kat

Comment

dave I see where you said you have a script for Xanax and was wondering how much you take daily if you indeed take it every day. If so I know one can not suddenly just stop taking Xanax if you have been on it for very long. I would not attempt to stop taking Xanax suddenly while you try to taper off of subs as that could really cause you problems depending on your daily dose of Xanax. Hope that you have not been on daily benzos for much of a period of time and if not try to use the benzos sparingly as you do not want to open another can of worms there.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                      dave I see where you said you have a script for Xanax and was wondering how much you take daily if you indeed take it every day. If so I know one can not suddenly just stop taking Xanax if you have been on it for very long. I would not attempt to stop taking Xanax suddenly while you try to taper off of subs as that could really cause you problems depending on your daily dose of Xanax. Hope that you have not been on daily benzos for much of a period of time and if not try to use the benzos sparingly as you do not want to open another can of worms there.

Alex
                      I agree with Alex. I didn't realize you've been taking Xanax regularly. Did I miss that in your post? If you have been taking it daily for any length of time, you can't just stop without having some nasty WD symptoms, including risk of seizure (which is obviously very serious). How long have you been taking Xanax and how much per day?

Kat

Comment

Ive never had a problem with the xanax. I take it daily yes, but only when I start to feel a bout of anxiety. This said anxiety is very easy for me to spot...I get a feeling in my chest that feels like an expanding balloon and I have to constantly take really deep breaths for about 30 seconds of relief. When I get those symptoms, I take a xanax and within an hour those symptoms subside. When I am in withdrawal, those same symptoms magnify, especially when I first wake up in the morning. Thats why I ask if it would be ok to take small doses of xanax while I wait for my withdrawal, as in the early stages of mu withdrawals, said anxiety is the worst and most unbearable of all the symtoms. Luckily, with B vitamins and a light jog (I feel blessed I have the will power to even run in that condition) the other symptoms are bearable. So, like I said, the anxiety is the worst of it, so I am hoping small doses of xanax is ok while I wait to take my first dose of suboxone.

Comment

If you've been taking xanax for any length of time, it could be dangerous to suddenly stop. I would council to take your usual dose and no more than that: What is your usual dose? You do not want benzo w/d on top of opiate w/d. from suddenly cutting your xanax too far down. The xanax will not directly cause PWD. Opiates and benzos are two different beasts. The xanax covers up some of the opiate w/d symptoms and makes it difficult to judge where you are as far as intensity of w/d.

Iloerose

Comment

Well, as it turns out, waiting 24 hours was long enough. I took ya'lls advice about just taking my regular dose of xanax and just literally sat around waiting for withdrawals to start. They were slighly present all day, and I was a little befuddled. Sorta happy I was feeling ok, but still curious as to why no symptoms. As day turned to night, and the xanax wore off, I realized, THATS WHY. The xanax was masking a lot of the symptoms. I started to really feel the withdrawal. So, I decided to try 2mg of suboxone. If felt like you all said, nothing working. Then I started to worry I sent myself into PW. I feel asleep and just woke up feeling just fine. Still a little iffy, so I I took just a little more as write this. I am so relieved I waited as long as I did. I think I am doing this just right. Thank you all for everything!I will continue to post on progress.

Comment

Good Job! So far, so good. Keep track of the mg. of the pieces that you take so you know exactly what mg. you are going to need to be at your effective dose. You should stabilize at a specific dose today. PWD would have hit almost immediately. So you're good there. Sounds like you have a good start!

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Working...
                              X